Thursday, October 16, 2008

Traveling mama, traveling baby

For some reason my pregnancy so far has been full full full of travel. I suppose it’s mostly because I’m starting to work more regularly… more touring, more teaching, more rehearsing. Luckily it’s actually been really easy for me to be so active so far. Thank goodness! I haven’t been sick even once and my biggest complaint is having to go the bathroom all the time (including 5 times per night…no joke!). I realize I’ve been incredibly lucky. I can only imagine what touring would have been like this summer if I had wanted to throw up each time we performed. Yikes. So I continue to travel without much trouble. Today (three days after coming back from Austria) I’m off to Warwick, England to teach for the next three weeks.
So far globe-trotting baby has been all over France (the Alps, Alsace, Bordeaux…), Spain (Barcelona, Saragossa, the Pyrenees), Austria (Corinthia, Salzburg) as well as Germany and Belgium. Now he’s off to visit the U.K. and next month he’ll be off again to Spain.
Though it’s been fun I must say that I am looking forward to settling down and doing some good nesting. I won’t really be able to stop moving until the end of November, but I’m starting to fantasize about just being home and preparing and planning and resting.

No comments: