Monday, December 29, 2008

Coddled!

Day 5 in my new life as a couch potato and I must admit that it's not all that bad! Jos has been taking care of me like a true mother hen. He's been cooking up a storm and cleaning like crazy and of course bringing me water, books, tea and the phone as I lay cuddled up on the couch. He says he's in daddy training and he actually seems to be loving it (except maybe the endless amount of dishes he keeps washing... time to get a dishwasher!).
Meanwhile we have a builder in working on our bathroom. Jonathan. He's an English guy who worked with my parents on their place. So there's lots of hammering and sawing and no shower upstairs. I thought it would drive me totally out of my mind to have him living and working here for a week but it's turning out just fine (he's good fun) and we're so looking forward to having a new bathroom! Also, it gives Jos a few more tasks in his "daddy training"... going to the hardware store, helping to rip up tiles, consulting on design choices. It wasn't exactly how we'd planned to spend our Christmas vacation, but it's actually turning out to be rather relaxing to just be home and concentrating on home stuff.
I've been doing endless loads of laundry myself. Getting all the baby stuff washed and ready. Hopefully the little guy will wait at least another two weeks... but we're ready for him now! I've even got my suitcase more or less packed up and ready for the hospital. We're moving into the home stretch.


This was once our bathroom...

No comments: